These things will help with the transition of moving in with your partner.
- Make some allowances for spending your downtime differently.Having respect for each other's needs is really important.
- Be upfront about financial differences.This way, nothing comes as too big of a surprise where money is concerned.
- Make time for regular, honest communication.Talking and sharing openly while you're together needs to be a priority.
- Don’t let the little things that bother you buildup.It can cause a lot of tension and confusion when everything you really feel comes bubbling to the surface.
- Set up daily lifestyle guidelines.If you start talking about each other's needs and wants from the get-go.
- Get professional support. If the stress of a new situation is feeling like too much, know that reaching out for some professional support during this time is a great option.
- Brainstorm ways to keep your interest and spark alive.Imagining and discussing the importance of adventure, whatever that might mean to you, is really important.